Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Gist of the Jihad

OK.... The Dastardly Danish and the Manic Muslims have incited me to post some Enlightening Religious Quotes


With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-Steven Weinberg, winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in physics

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
-Emo Philips, stand-up comedian

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
-Peter O’Toole

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: “O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.” And God granted it.
-Voltaire

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.
-Mark Twain

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Which is it: Is man one of God’s blunders or is God one of man’s?
-Friedrich Nietzsche

If you have two religions in your land, the two will cut each other’s throats; but if you have thirty religions, they will dwell in peace.
-Voltaire

We have fossils... We win!
-Lewis Black, on creationism

Almost everyone who has read history in a more than casual manner knows that when the great figure of God appears in a controversy, the shooting cannot be far off.
-Stewart H. Holbrook

It is not so much what you believe in that matters, as the way in which you believe it and proceed to translate that belief into action.
-Lin Yutang

If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.
-Voltaire


We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
-H.L. Mencken

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.
-Oscar Wilde

Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought.
-Graham Greene

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
-Abraham Lincoln


Scientists were rated as great heretics by the church, but they were truly religious men because of their faith in the orderliness of the universe.
-Albert Einstein

If it were proven that there is no God there would be no religion. ...But also if it were proven that there is a God, there would be no religion.
-Ursula K. Le Guin

Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.
-Aldous Huxley


Hope you enjoyed and it made you think!

But before I go.......I need to add my religious quote.

The Arabic greeting used by Muslims is Assalamu alaikum "Peace be upon you."

But, I think it means "May you be in Pieces" when used by terrorist! Jimmyhad and his inner struggles

2 comments:

A.K said...

just a question... Do these terrorist emerge from nowhere?! there has to be a reason behind it!

Whatever happened in Afghanistan and Iraq and still is happening.. is it going to render more Retaliation or justpeople will be happy that their people were killed and their houses destroyed and now foriegners claim to have a right to tell them how to lead their lives?!
Robert Fisk when giving a lecture to some university students said that when u attack a country and when people fight back in form of suicide bomings and stuff.. that's not terrorism..that's retaliation.. but the media has already labelled Muslims as the Terrorists.. so even if they REACT, that's an act of terrorism.. How U.S. reacted to Sept 11... that was ofcourse not terrorism.. no Innocent civillian was killed in Afghanistan.. nothing bad happened in those jails in Afghanistan and Iraq... they all are soooo happy that they are liberated that they are actually loving the U.S for Everythign it did!!!

I'm not makign a statement here.. just want you to look at the other side of the story.. to look beyond what's there on the media...

Uncivil said...

Hello Amsa

I hope I haven't offended you with any of my blogs material.

First let me say that I believe there are many good Muslims in this world who wish to harm no one, and the same can be said for most non-muslims. I hope you and I fall into that category.

There are many horrible things that America, Britain, and Russia have done to lesser rated (second or third world order) countries. Afghanistan and Iraq have really been a big pawns in their war games over the years as well as too many other countries to mention.

I didn't do it? I have no power over it. There is nothing I can do but try to understand it. I wish I could do something about it, and I'm doing all I can do right now by discussing it with you.

World history has always been about larger countries dominating smaller countries in some form or another. I'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is.

Have you ever been to America? If you come to America....you don't have to worry about being kidnapped ,or be-headed in front of a camera by some extremest American trying to make a point. We might do something stupid like make fun off you or try to embarrass you but certainly not have you killed for the media coverage.

Now....on the other hand.....If I go to Muslim country....I am very worried that I might be kidnapped, be-headed, by an extremist muslim, or blown to pieces by suicide bomber along with many, many other innocent people. They would even blow up a dozen innocent muslims to kill one infidel.

That is the difference living in non- muslim country versus living in muslim country! That is the way we see it....sorry?

I know of no other country that has the freedoms we have over here?

You made the statement "I'm not makign a statement here.."

Well.....I beg to differ....you are making a statement and you seem a little upset by what's going on in the world around you and you have every right to be.

Amsa......You are good Muslim and I am honored that you comment on my blog.

I will try to look at the world through your eyes. I will probably agree with you on many things, but I'm sure we will disagree also. But that is OK.

You are so young to be worried about things you cannot control. I wish I had your maturity when I was your age. I could care less about the world back when I was a kid.

Thank you bringing Robert Frisk to my attention. I will have to study him in more detail.

I'm sorry Muslim countries are a pawn in a much bigger picture, but be-headings and suicide bombings for no other reason than media coverage have gotten the muslim name in the predicament it's now in.

Come back and post a comment any time. You are always welcome in my little blog of a world.

Jimmy