Earlier this week, I was tagged by the "Arteest" formerly know as Ms.mamma!
It's a Christmas meme and it's supposed to be about 12 of your favorite Christmas thangs: they can be memories, traditions, songs, presents, beliefs, whatever it is about this season that you love.
Grab your favorite adult beverage and drink along the cheer!
1. Christmas Wine, ......I'm going to attempt to drink twelve glasses of Christmas Wine from the local Duplin Wine Cellar while doing this post!
It's raining and rather gloomy outside, so what better day than to sit inside and get sloshed with my two favorite gals Ab & Em! I'm off to drink glass number one, but probably need to rush to the store right quick and stock up! Somehow, I don't think a bottle and a half will make twelve glasses?
This will be an all afternoon event......so.....please stop by and comment,and don't forget to let me know what glass of wine that I am on when you stop by.
I will edit and update at each glass of wine interval! Cheers!
I get back and already have a comment from Jan!!!!!Yeah!!!!You made my day!
Maybe I should have done this as "The Twelve Christmas Beers" or " The Twelve Christmas Rum Shots"? It would have been cheaper!
3.Christmas Wine Glass number 3.....Hmmmm.....no more comments since glass number two, so the "YouTube" clip above is appropriate! Also they seem to be going down faster?
4.Christmas Wine Glass number 4.......You didn't think you were gonna get away from here without doggie pics did ja? Emily is tryin' to figure out why the wine bottles are invading her electric heater space?
I'm in TROUBLE? I'm on the fourth glass and it's lookin' like maybe 4 glasses to the bottle? Whew.....yeah....gotta chit eatin' grin! I'm gettin' skeered, but hey, I'll try to be a man of my word!
5. Christmas Wine Glass number 5.......OK during the course of this event I realised I had to pace myself...kinda like a race.....
Little Bro & Sis called and reminded me of my training regimine.
It has quit raining so I took the doggies for a quick 1.5 mile walk down to the boat landing at the river and back. No driving was done during the course of this event!
I have Emily bundled in two layered redneck shirt sleeves for this training session.
Notice they are looking at me with that "He's drunk again look" in the first pic, and Emily is saying "hurry up and git this darn thing off a me" when we got back in the second pic.
6.Christmas Wine Glass number 6.....Ok...almost at the half way mark. I couldn't let Emily hog all the pics so I posted an earlier picture of Abigail with my four bottles of fire water. I'm drinking my courage up....practicing saying words like "pathetic" and "specific"! Do you know how hard it is to say those words when you get drunk?
7. Christmas Wine Glass number 7 OK....just so you will have a visual of what's conspiring here......I'm on glass number seven,after finishing 1 and 1/2 bottles since after 2:00 pm this afternoon. This bottle has just been opened and I might continue to drink faster than at first planned. I have contacted several of my readers via email & their blog! I appreciate all the comments thus far, and had no idea I would get much of a response. Maybe I need to start a new blog? Titled "Drink Redneck Drink"?
8. Christmas Wine Glass number 8.......at the 3/4 mark!!!!!!!!!!!
OK......You know I like George Thorogood! I'm on a drinkin' theme meme and I love this song (One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer)! I'm a "YouTube junkie and this is the best I could find (above) on this song! Of course, you would have to be drunk to enjoy????? I'm not a video gamer, but it was neat the way this guy put it together!
Shout outs so far go to Jan, sis-inlaw @ luvmyharleydoggison, Puss,& Down East Friend....thanks for drinkin' w/me!!!!!
9. Christmas Wine Glass number 9
I know...I'm gettin' so fast..ya'll can't keep up? I've been drankin' and "Youtubin' and I found this clip above most amuzin'!
10. Christmas Wine Glass number 10
Back to the visuals.....this visual started as wine glass number 7 and now it's wine glass number 10!!!!!!!!!!See what I'm tawkin' bout.....4 glasses to tha bottle! No worries...I'm not gonna try the drill trick to open the next one!
11. Christmas Wine Glass number 11.......I've been on the phone with a good friend of mine while drinking glass number 10. The above picture is his Dog "Jack"!
Emily has a secret crush on "Jack"!!!!!.........Can anyone tell me what kind of dog he is? OK....Darryl.....you have to leave a comment now!!!!!! It's only fair...!
12. Christmas Wine Glass number 12.........OK....I've finally hit the twelfth glass,,,,before the twelfth hour I might add!!!!
I didn't quite match up to the 4 glasses per bottle......So....I'm goin' for the THIRTEENTH!!!!!!!!I hope you will like the last picture!!!!!!!!
This has been the most personal post I've done to date. The above picture is of a hollowed out glass sculpture gift that was given to me many years ago! I often wondered about it's significance in my life?
Maybe this is what it was meant for?
Below..........4 empty bottles........all drank by me....3 1/2 since 2:00 pm till 12:30 am.
I'm gonna throw up now!!!!!OK........I haven't even cried yet...WTF?