Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Trails Maggie

I've been trying to stay away from this old computer, and get a life. I don't know what else to say? ........ But Maggie deserves this post!
Maggie, (my mom's dog) passed away sometime between 9:30 last Thursday night and daylight Friday morning (7/29/07). We can only hope it was a peaceful death in her sleep. Her best buddy Lulu was at her her side all night and didn't even get out of their bed until mom went to rouse them that morning.

Mom said she took them out around 9:30 to potty, and then they crawled in their bed for the night. Then mom found Lulu snuggled up to Maggies cold little body the next morning.
Mom is handling it pretty well, except that Lulu is consantly searching the house for her little buddy. Mom said she wonders if Lulu is taking it harder than she is?

I always think of Rod Stewart's song "Maggie May" when I think of Maggie. Of course I would have to change a lot of the words to fit our Maggie!

My ex wife knew some old redneck farmer back in 2000 who had Maggie in a pen with about a dozen or more bulldogs, and said he was looking for a home for her.My mom already had Lulu back then and we asked her if Lulu needed a buddy?
We're not sure of Maggies age, but she wasn't no spring chicken. The vet thinks she was way over 10 years old at her last check up.

She was a happy and very friendly little gal and will be missed dearly!

Lulu is gonna borrow Rod's lyrics mixed with mine, and this is from Lulu to Maggie!

"Wake up maggie I think I got something to say to you
Its late september and I really should be back at obedience school
I know I keep you amused but I feel Im being used
Oh maggie I think I've pooped on the floor
You lured me away from home just so you could steal my bone
You stole my heart and thats what really hurt
The morning sun when its in your face really shows your age
But that dont worry me none in my eyes youre everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you didnt need to coax
Oh, maggie I think I've pooped on the floor
You lured me away from home, just so you could steal my bone
You stole my bone and thats a pain I can do without
All I needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a humper and Mother what a humper, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my bed
And in the morning kick me in the head
Oh maggie I think I've pooped on the floor
You lured me away from home , and I don't want to be alone
You stole my heart I couldnt leave you if I tried"


9 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

RIP poochy.

It's amazing the hole they leave in our lives when they go.

Puss

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. This post made me so sad :( Even when a pooch has had a long, happy life, it's still sad when they go. I'm such a wuss...it just makes me sooooo sad :(

What a sweet face. Rest in peace, Maggy :)

Uncivil, soooooooooo good to see you back! I've been checking in on ya to see if you've posted anything new! Happy 4th of July tomorrow!

Uncivil said...

Puss, Chrissy

Thanks ladys! I've just been in a funk lately! I haven't even felt like answering the phone, much less blog.I'll have to get by your blogs and catch up.

Happy Fourth!

Rachie-Babe said...

Maggie was a beautiful dog! I'm sorry for the loss that both you and your mom are going through right now.

Ms. Mamma said...

Sweet lil' sweet. RIp Mags. Hope you feel better soon, Jimmy.

Hope said...

So sad. Please give our condolences to your mom.

Uncivil said...

Thanks Rachie, Msmamma,and Hope!

I'll get by your blogs soon!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better :) I know how you feel though. Anyway, just wanted to pop by and cheer you up! Oh, I just love the first pic. What a precious little face :)

Have a great weekend, k?
xoxo

Uncivil said...

Thanks Chrissy
You're the best.
That first pic was Maggie in her prime. The last pic was taken this past May and it was the last picture ever taken of her. You could really see her poor little aged face on that one. She was very camera shy in her old age.